CP User Feedback & Search
WHAT IS USER FEEDBACK & SEARCH?
User Feedback & Search for AppThemes’ ClassiPress is a high-quality feedback system with a built-in user search.
There isn’t anything out there that does what this plugin does.
Like all of our plugins, this was designed to fix a real-world situation with a site that needed a robust feedback system, but also needed the ability to search for other users on the site and easily view their feedback rating.
With this commercial release of ClassiPress – User Feedback & Search we’ve taken things a bit further to give end users a few more features.
- NEW v1.2: Hide specific user roles and individual users from your member list. Great for hiding Admin accounts.
- NEW v1.1: Enable email notifications to users receiving feedback!
- Allow users to leave feedback on other user profile pages.
- Allow users to rate users out of 5 in .5 increments.
- User chooses the type of transaction (selling / buying) when leaving feedback.
- Users can reply to feedback on their profile. [optional]
- Users can leave multiple feedback on the same user. [optional]
- Feedback has to be approved before being published. [optional]
- Tracks IP address of users leaving feedback. [optional]
- Add additional welcome message for users leaving feedback. [optional]
- Moderation page allows admin to edit feedback & replies. Also to approve or delete feedback from the site.
- 10 Feedback results per page on the user’s profile, to stop long page load / long page scroll.
- Looks super stylish and professional layout.
- User listing page with search box. List shows details about your users including their feedback score.
- Ability to show / hide their usernames.
- Ability to show / hide their names.
- Set the default sorting of user list results.
- Set the number of user results per page.
- Checks to see if ‘Verified Users’ plugin is installed and if it is; displays information based on the result (not required and optional).
- Added ‘user search’ widget for your sidebars – make finding users super easy for your visitors.
- Added a ‘top users’ widget so you can display the best users on your site.
- Show Feedback rating on ad previews and bottom of ad listing page (optional) [NEW – 1.0.4]
Version 1.1 Update:
In version 1.1, I’ve now added the ability for you to enable email notifications for your users. This means when they receive feedback from another user they will receive email notification notifying them. Using shortcodes you can inform the user who left feedback and include links to the profiles. This allows users to quickly and easily come back to your site and leave feedback for other users in return.
Even better is that you can completely customise this email, and write it in your own language and include HTML if you wish.
This is a great update I’m really happy to add to the plugin.
Please note, if you’re updating your plugin. It’s always best to take a backup of the original plugin on your site. If I’ve done any custom changes to your plugin then these will have typically been CSS changes. But taking a backup before updating makes any ammendments much quicker and easier.
WHAT DOES IT DO?
Its core purpose is to allow users to rate each other on your ClassiPress website.
Users can rate each other via their author page. A user simply has to go to the user profile they wish to rate and click on the ‘leave feedback’ button. They can then rate the user out of 5 stars, in half-star intervals, they can also select if the user was selling or buying.
From the settings page you can choose whether users can rate the same user multiple times, whether a user can reply to feedback, do you wish to collect the IP address of users leaving feedback, whether or not all feedback requires moderation before appearing on your site and finally the ability to add a notification before the feedback box.
A maximum of 10 feedback ratings will show on each users profile page. If a user has more than 10 ratings then you will be able to browse through them using a paging system. This is to ensure that as ratings accrue for a user you will not have to wait long for their profile page to load.
Not only that but our feedback system looks absolutely wonderful.
It also provides a new page template with an integrated user search system. This user search allows your users to find other users on your site, view their feedback rating and click through to their profiles.
The search page shows your users avatar, their display name, username*, real name* and feedback rating. If you have Roidayan’s ‘CP Verified User‘ plugin installed it will also display a notification if the user if verified or not*. From the settings screen, you can set the default sort order and how many users display on each page.
*These are optional and can be disabled / enabled in the settings area. CP Verified User isn’t required for ClassiPress – User Feedback & Search to work, we simply display optional information from this if it is.
Not only have we done all this but we have also added 2 widgets to the plugin. The first is a ‘top users’ widget, which allows you to show up to 10 users in order of their feedback rating score in any widget area. Whilst the second is a search widget – giving users quick access to search your user base.
The plugin also supports localization (multi-languages). The language you set in the WordPress dashboard will determine the language used by the plugin on the front end (user facing).
You can create your own translations using the cufs.po file in the /languages/ folder. You will need to save it with your language code at the end. You can use free software like PoEdit to create the translations. Alternately I can add further translations to the plugin. See the support forum for details.
Rating: 4.4 Stars, 5 votes.
No spam, to the point updates about what’s happening with the tools and services we recommend. Opt-out anytime